The Journey Through Hallowed Ground

Skip to Navigation

Union Cemetery

Established in 1855 on the immediate outskirts of Leesburg, Union cemetery was created as a public cemetery open to people of all faiths. It predated three other “Union” cemeteries in Loudoun County established at Hillsboro, Waterford and Lovettsville. The cemetery contains the 1908 Union Chapel and several notable monuments, including a Confederate War Memorial at the north end of the site, and an imperfectly cut 30-foot- high granite column, allegedly designed for a D.C. public building, but rejected and brought to the cemetery in the 1890s.

Open:
Open during daylight hours
Address:
323 North King Street
Leesburg, Virginia 20175
Phone:
(703) 777-3186
Directions to:
Here

Local Tourism Resources:

  • Visit Loudoun and Loudoun County Visitors Center
    Market Station 112-G South St. SE
    Leesburg, VA 20175
    703-771-2170 ext. 11 or 800-752-6118 ext. 11
    Daily 9:00 am - 5:00 pm / Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Days http://www.visitloudoun.org
Back to top