Yes, Lincoln really did sleep here. This three-story brick Federal is the home where President Lincoln stayed on the occasion of his cemetery dedication address.
It was built about 1816 as a commercial building for merchant Alexander Cobean, a founder of Adams County. David Wills purchased it in 1859. It was his invitation to Lincoln that led to the president’s attendance at the cemetery’s dedication and
Lincoln’s now famous speech. In 2004, the National Park Service purchased the Wills House for a museum, which is scheduled to open in 2007.