Also known as Oak Shade Church, Little Fork Church is the oldest standing church building in Culpeper County, and the County's only Colonial church.
It was ordered into existence in 1731 by Governor Spotswood as a "chapel of ease", to relieve the parish church and accommodate parishioners living at a distance. The present building was begun in 1773 at a cost of 30,000 pounds of tobacco.
The monument placed here recognizes the Little Fork Rangers, the only Cavalry Unit from Culpeper in the Civil War. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places and Virginia Landmarks Register.