Situated in one of the most beautiful city parks in America is a Georgian-style mansion house built by John Heyser in 1846. The massive house with its large, inviting wrap-around porch is built of native limestone and bricks.
The bricks were, in fact, made from the mud of the graceful lake, now inhabited by swans, which the house overlooks. Today, the mansion serves as the headquarters for the Valley Art Association where one can view and purchase the works of over twenty local artists.
The old Mansion House creates a beautiful setting for the art that is displayed. In addition to serving as a gallery, the Mansion House also is used for classes and a meeting place for the Valley Art Association.