St. Paul’s Episcopal Church

Historical SitesPoint of Rocks, MD

During the Civil War, St. Paul's Church was used by Union troops of the United States Army. The building and its interior furnishings were used as barricades and for firewood. The building also served as a hospital and for cooking purposes. Following the war, the Vestry sued the United States Government for compensation and was awarded $1,000 by the 59th Congress for war damages. The payment was used for restoration purposes.

St. Paul’s Episcopal Church

1914 Ballenger Creek Pike
Point of Rocks, MD 21777

Frederick County, MD
301-802-6244